TX-103 break in.

I recently purchased a pair of Mu MC Step Up transformers by Bent Audio. Does anyone here know the break in process for these. I was able to find this by Thorsten Loesch but I don't understand it, doesn't quite make sense to me. Maybe a more simple explanation would be helpful. 

From diyAudio; Break-In Instructions from Thorsten Loesch

This worked very well for me, so I recommend it highly. This is what Loesch wrote, with a little editing:

"(The TX-103)... will require a substantial period of "forced burn in" to give it's best, simply because the magnetic core is huge and will not see much magnetisation with normal MC signals. Please consider connecting a CD-Player to the secondary (Output) of the TX-103 and then terminate the input with a low resistance resistor (quality uncritical), I'd say 27 Ohm when connected for 14db gain, 6.8 Ohm when connected for 20db gain and 2.2 Ohm when connected for 26db gain. Leave with a highly dynamic, wide bandwidth signal CD to play for a week or two. I would use music, but I'd expect pink noise to work well too."
128x128charliee

Showing 1 response by racamuti

When I bought My Bent audio mu's directly from John at Bent Audio, He asked if I wanted to have them broken in before he shipped. Of course I said yes as there was no charge just a longer wait. Your mu's just might  be broken in from the factory. I'm sure most people who bought one would have said yes to his offer.       I don't use mine anymore because I bought a phono pre that has all the gain I need. (Wright Sound Silver Top with 60db of gain).