two svs 16-46 or one mirage bps 400?

hi guys, my room is somewhat small and has little "room gain". i am looking to upgrade my subwoofer from a bps 150i to one of the two choices above @ the same price for each purchase. i am running mirage m5si fronts 595i rears and an omc2 center powered by a pretty decent onkyo. i am looking for information on whether anyone has heard dual svs 16-46's and a mirage bps400i. my goal is deep, hard impact. you know the one in your chest. thanks in advance for any help. d.
uncertainsmile

Showing 1 response by uncertainsmile

i have to agree with you about the mirage subs. the 150i is just so gentle and articulate, but powerful at the same time. just doesn't have enough cone excursion for ht. i really hate to let it go, but my 2 channel(plus sub)listening sessions have diminished in frequency significantly. but "movie night" still remains. the reviews on audioreview praise highly both the 400 and the 16-46. i was hoping someone might lend an opinion on each for my particular application. what i might not have stated was what you mentioned, musicality. must have that too, at least to some extent. thanks johnny for your input.