Two JL F212s verses two Velodyne 18 plus?

I have a room 13.5 x 24 dedicated home theatre and listening room. Presently I have a Velodyne DD 15" sub. I am looking at going to a two subsystem and have another application for my Velodyne DD 15. I am considering two JL F212s or two F113s or two Velodyne 18 plus. I have been slightly underwhelmed with the single velodyne DD 15. The rest of the system is Anthem D2v, Classe 5200, B&W N802s, HTM1s and B&W side and rear speakers. I run a rotel amp for rear speakers.
ghaas

Showing 4 responses by ghaas

Both, I utilize as home theater and listening room. One of my dilemas presently is finding a place to audition these subs.
I have a local family owned electronics business that can get velodyne or JL at a decent price, but they don't stock any of them. I would have to travel likely five hours one way to attempt to find a demo. The two places I have dealt with before neither have any of these subs in stock to demo. Thats in both Portland Oregon and Seattle Washington.
My anthem statement D2v has the ARC equalization system, which many think is the best on the market. Would this be enough? Would I also be able to utilize the DD15 equalization system I already have? I am getting the sense that many are suggesting they are both great choices with the majority leaning toward the JL F212s if they can be integrated and equalized well. If however the equalization process is not utilized the built in system with the velodyne would be better and also an excellent choice.
I did have a dealer tell me they were going to sale their 1812 demo for $5,000 which is a great deal but stated the flexability of two smaller subs for my application might be best. If it wasn't so far to audition I would like to here the 1812, but would unlikely purchase two.