two Channel equalizer recommendations

Hi Gon’ers

i am considering adding a two channel EQ to one of my systems. Not as a notch filter but to bring up the mids just a tad bit. I’m Looking at the API 5500 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/API5500--api-5500?mrkgadid=3341928534&mrkgcl=28&mrkg...

anyone have any experience with this particular brand or any other suggestions would be appreciated. 
Thanks 
barnettk
I think the K&T will do the trick. I like what I’m reading about it. Plus it has to have XLR and I like the fact that I can use my own power cord. For that price may as well give it a shot. Thanks again for the suggestion. 
I would not recommend. Graphic equalizers are nothing more than glorified tone controls and just add distortion.  If EQ is truly needed (and it rarely is in 2 channel reproduction other than 250hz & lower where, in my opinion, its a requirement) look into parametric equalizers.  Think of it - an equalizer cannot do anything real unless it has a microphone so it can fist measure the room.  Once it measures the room, only then can an EQ curve actually compensate.
If you want fairly neutral check into the eq popular with mastering studios, as they are doing just this: slight changes to completed stereo mixes. The prices do go up. A great yet lesser known company to look at is Gyraf. They make a 'tilt' eq that you might find interesting.

Oh and a restored and racked Neumann 495 / OEv / PEv or similar from vintage disk cutting console could be awesome
Nike coined the best ad phrase of all time: Just Do It! In a world where ad campaigns change month to month this one was so good it was used everywhere for decades.

Don’t waste time talking, studying, planning, - Just Do It! The act itself is the reward. Just Do It! Kind of long though.

The slogan for EQ is even better: Don’t.