Two Against Nature-What is your reference recording?

I have a number of different recordings that really seem to highlight the strengths and SQ of my system. This week I purchased a used CD ($3, free shipping) of Steely Dan's Two Against Nature and I'm just blown away. To me, it seems better produced (maybe overproduced) than Aja. (A copy of Gaucho is still on the way so we'll see how I feel about it.) It rises above the three or four other 'reference' recordings that I use as a benchmark for my system and so Two Against Nature is probably now my single 'reference' recording.

But here's the thing, I do not like any song on Two Against Nature as much as any given song on Aja. So what seems to carry Two Against Nature (for me) is its production value. It is just a sonic joy to listen to even if the songs are not as catchy as those from Aja and Gaucho.

So that got me to wondering: First, what is your reference recording (any format/medium) for your system? Second, is it also your favorite recording to listen to? In other words, is it the best recording/production AND your favorite music?

George
n80
Love DSOTM especially the 180 gram LP, but...the Analogue Productions SACD of "Wish You Were Here" is the best sounding recording and needless to say transcendent music.  Costly disc but worth every blessed penny.
hifiman5, that recommendation alone makes me want to get a SACD player but this new hobby has already taken a chunk out of my wallet....that is hurting my other hobbie...;-)

Thanks for all the replies. Like mental said above, I think this is going to set off a spree of music spending, the Knopfler album as well as the two Fagan albums are now on the list as well as a copy of Meddle.

On the dynamic range database, Meddle is a real standout. It doesn't look like there is a bad recording of it out there in terms of DR.
My whole collection is my reference recording.   It all has to sound its best.  
This should have been named. " what is your favourite Pink Floyd recording"......

😉😉

Some seriously good stuff though.
Just about anything from 2L......
in Digital

Analog Disc Blue Note recorded by Rudy

Analog high speed half track - Jacinta - Tribute to Ben
or just about anything by The Tape Project