Tweaks you got rid of because they were not effective (enough)?

There are some audiophiles for whom cost is no object; they buy what they wish and every single tweak and gadget which promises to improve the sound. And the industry is all too happy to produce such tweaks -- often made of expensive materials with elaborate engineering explanations. Those who question the value of these tweaks are frequently accused of being "naysayers" who are either too ignorant or insensate to realize that "everything matters."

Of course, money spent one place cannot be spent elsewhere; expenditures on tweaks take the place of other more central factors affecting the sound. In some cases, those tweaks are worth it; you can hear the difference, and that $400 (or whatever) really could not have improved your speakers or sub or amp, etc.

So, the question here is simple: Which tweak have you tried which, after some experience and reflection, you realized was either *not* effective or not the most effective way to improve your system? 
128x128hilde45
I found that the effectiveness of footers and cones vary by component, cabling, and component rack. 
@krelldreams , Wow, 35 years of trying different tweaks and you end up here....
I’m blissfully content to not spend a lot of money on gizmos.
All I can say is, me too! 
I have found in most cases, the end result of an expensive tweak can be accomplished simply and economically, and the level of sonic improvement is just not worth the big money paid for many of those products.  One thing for sure, the dollars spent on tweaks and cables by audiophiles proves the Jedi have no monopoly on mind tricks. 
Hahaha. Yeah, well, as I said.. I’m willing to try things out! I’ve not been constantly trying tweaks... just when I get an itch. Some I leave in place if I like the way it looks (eg.. wood platforms). I love It when I discover something free, or at a low cost, that makes a positive difference! Speaker positioning is FREE, and can yield a giant improvement! I try really hard to only focus on the music. Once a music lover finds great sound, however, it’s difficult to just be satisfied. Thus our “disease”!
Post removed 
@hilde45 Re below: I am talking floor standing speakers. So it’s speaker, Gaia feet, granite.
@duckworp -- thanks. If I’m understanding, from the top down it’s:

• speaker
  • granite chopping boards
  • Gaia feet
  • top of the speaker stand
then....what underneath the speaker stand?
Spikes, feet?
Or perhaps it doesn’t matter much given how effective the above things were?