Tweak your AC mains for better performance, free

If you haven't done this before or recently, try it. It will improve the performance of your audio system, particularly if you have an older circuit panel in your home. Go to the AC circuit panel. You'll have a main breaker that runs power to all the circuit breakers in your home: turn that breaker off and back on. This will shut off all the power to your home, momentarily. Then turn all the breakers on your panel off and on. By the way, electricians recommend doing this once a year. I hadn't done this in several years (I always forget) but, I happen to remember it because one of my breakers had shut off. Anyway, after I performed this simple on/off task, the next time I turned on my audio system, the sonics really improved. The soundstage had opened up with more width and depth, fullness was improved, and so was the overall resolution and presence of the system. I noticed it immediately, and then remembered that earlier I had flipped all the breakers on the panel. I don't have a dedicated line yet, or any fancy custom audiophile breaker panels, but the results of this simple task proved once again the dramatic affect AC delivery has on what you hear from your sytstem. I can only imagine what one can hear with dedicated lines, custom breaker panels, and audio grade outlets. For me, the best I can do now is a power regenerator that I just ordered a conditioner and a few good outlets. My system: LSA DK Signature Integrated, Modwright Sony 999ES (tube rectified PS 9.0), Acoustic Zen Reference Matrix II IC's, Jolida JD 100, Acoustic Zen Satori Speaker Cable, Shunyata Hydra 4 PLC, various aftermarket PC's, FIM 880 outlets.
foster_9

Showing 1 response by dpac996