Tweak worth 100X It's price - Vibrapods

While I WAS not a big beleiver in the "tweaks" of audio to a any appreciable extent, I must rave about the performance recieved form these littel rubber pods. I purchase a few a couple months ago to place under my electronics and I was extremely happy with the result from the pods in combination with soem MDF particle board placed under the equipment pods combination. Rather than go into extreme use of adjectives regarding the improvement that was expereinced, just let me say that EVERYTHING opend up and became better. I thought my system sounded good but this little, cheap tweak was eye (ear?) opening.

I was extrememly happy with the imrovement to my electronics and then I thought - Why not the speakers also? I bought and installed pods for each speaker and
installed them. This was "as big" if not a bigger improvememnt to overall sound. I was experiencing some bass control problems around the real low end. These problems were now gone along with all the other distortion that I was experiencing and really not even knowing it or knowing it and blaming it on "room colorations".

You have just got to try these things. At $6.00 a pop you can't go wrong. Plus you can get a discount for quantity purchases usually. You will need a minimum of 4 per compopnent. $24.00 bucks that will make your system sound like you just put $2,400.00 into it.

I am a personal user and this is not an ad but I got my pods, along with a plethora of help from CJAudio/Video through this (AudiogoN) site. (www.cjsaudvid.com) Craig will take good care of you.

Feel free to email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions / comments.

I can also send you a picture of the stands i built for the speakers to incorporate the pods / and the Legacy supplied spikes if interested.

Relevant System Info:

Processor: Aragon Soundstage
Amp: Aragon 8008BB
Speakers: Legacy Classics.
CD: Denon 5 disc carousel.
Interconnects: HT ProSilway II (Pre - Amp)
Monster Coax Digital (II) (CD- Pre)
mackpat

Showing 2 responses by subaruguru

Vibrapods under speakers?!
C'mon...isn't the whole point to ELIMINATE speaker-movement by coupling to the room rigidly?
Last thing I want is a wiggling midrange or tweeter.
Sure, these 'pods are great to isolate electronics and maybe transports from utside vibration, so they can float independently, but that's NOT what you want your speakers to do! ...IMNSHO
Sean, Hdm, My Parsifal Encores were carefully voiced using proprietary large brass spikes for the woofer base, and then
a 1" granite slab between 8 thin corner discs of sorbothane as a sandwich between this woofer base and the upper monitor.
Makes me wonder if something like this could do the trick under your speaker: i.e., two marble or granite or maple shelves with this sorbo between?
Thanks for the experimental procedure, Hdm, but the last thing I want to do is upset the phenomenally tight and clean presentation the Encores deliver as tuned by Julian Pelchat at Verity.
Neuances do a great job isolating my CDP and pre...far better coherence than air bladders or sorbo or cones alone.
Tweaking the support for Neuance is not so critical.
Upturned cones on your shelf will do if you can't screw upturned spikes or screws through your shelf.
Screwing the four spike/screws into the shelf is satisfying at completion, however, as after getting three of the corners reasonably flat you carefully nudge the fourth crew up until the Neuance stabilizes (no jiggle) as you push on it with your hand. If it's then reasonably flat (for front ends) you're done.