TW Raven One vs. Nottingham 294?

Okay... I will definitely purchase a turntable in May/June, and I need your advice, please. I do mostly classical music, along with a healthy dose of rock and jazz. I am interested in Raven One or the Nott 294. I'm attracted to the 294 for the included 12" Ace Space arm, and for the lower price. I've heard excellent things about it.

But lately, I've heard remarkable things about the Raven One, too. I know that the tonearm will have to be purchased separately... but I understand that the Raven One can accommodate 12" arms, too...

Obviously, the Raven One costs more than Nott 294, but does it justify its price differential? Or does Nott 294 offer performance near the rate of the Raven One?

Your objective opinions will be much appreciated. Thanks.
caspermao

Showing 1 response by david12

I have heard the Space deck, not the 294 and I have to say Nottingham Analogue make very fine decks. I have the One and am more than happy with it. I went from a more expensive Origin Live set up and the TW accustic is clearly better, better base, less congestion, more neutral. It can accomodate most arms and Thomas the maker is a fan of the Ortofon 12" arm, which I heard it demonstrated with. I went for the cheaper Vivid arm, but plan to upgrade the arm, possibly to the Ortofon at some stage