tw acustic ac + kuzma airline

anyone using the tw acustic ac1 with the kuzma airline ? i am thinking of using this combo . would like some feedback from people who have tried or heard either unit . and what cart would be a good match ? thanks.
doggrell3000

Showing 2 responses by doggrell3000

thanks syntax for your info . do you still presently use a kuzma airline tonearm ? ( i did not see it listed in your present system but it was listed under " cheers " ) . would you spend the extra money for a tw acustic raven ac1 for use with the airline or would you simply enjoy the kuzma reference with the airline ? is the tw acustic raven ac1 similar to your beautiful micro seiki rx-5000 in terms of performance ? i had heard that the micro seiki machines were no longer available . is the kuzma airline tonearm a pain to live with compared to using a high end standard tracking arm like your graham 12 phantom II ? i have always wanted a linear tracking tonearm ( and the kuzma is obviously a great one ) but i wonder if they are just way to much trouble because of the air compressors involved . thank you for your input . your audio system is amazing . i will be building my system around the martin logan clx ( els with black aluminum frame ) and two martin logan depth i subs . small potatoes compared to your setup but very huge for me . amp and preamp are atmas -phere . thanks for your help . i am thinking that the raven ac1 ( single motor ) plus the kuzma airline plus ( your suggestion ) the zyx universe would be a match made in heaven . and this analogue combo can probably be assembled new for around 25,000 usd if i talk to the right people .
thanks guys for the suggestion . i sent an email to twacustic . we shall see what the esteemed designer has to say about using an air bearing linear tracking tonearm on the raven ac . should be interesting . here is a copy of the email :

dear tw

i am asking the turntable community for opinions about the kuzma airline linear tracking tonearm . i would like to try this tonearm on the twacustc raven ac1 ( single motor ) . what is your opinion of this combination ? is the kuzma airline mounted on the raven ac1 an advantage over your own pivoting arm design ? is there any other less expensive air bearing linear tracking arm ( for example the cartridge man conductor tonearm ) that could work well on the raven ac1 ? are there advantages to using a regular pivoting arm over linear tracking arms in general ? also , is the raven ac available equipped with the raven black night triple motor as an option ? what are the suggested retail prices of the raven ac1 ( single motor ) and the raven ac with black night motor ? ( us dollars please ) do you recommend the black night motor as an upgrade for the raven ac1 ? do you manufacture a special armboard or mount for use with either the kuzma airline or the cartridge man conductor ? if i do end up using an air bearing linear tracking tonearm on the raven ac , what cartridge would you recommend ? thank you for your valuable information . if you would like to refer to an audigon thread concerning this question - here is a link :

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1278029561&&&/tw-acustic-ac-kuzma-airline

i will also send a copy of this email to your new york rep high water sound ( mr catalano )

thank you