Turntables

Hey all! I've been circling a Rega P10 turntable, which is their latest iteration. It has gotten great reviews by Rega afficionados, but not much notice from the TT community at large, that I can find. It's a deviation from the conventional thinking that mass=stability, and quiet. It is very lightweight, but stiff. I like unconventional, and am willing to take a leap, though. Question is, of course, has anyone had any experience with these TT's and what thoughts do you have? (Michael Fremer at Analog Planet did a 5 part video of the Rega factory with Roy Gandy a couple of years ago and I have to say I was really impressed by his devotion to his art and his conviction about the direction Rega has taken with its TT's.)

128x128morsegist

Showing 1 response by drewdawg999

A table comparable to the P10 is the Michell Gyro SE, though that was surprising to me.  I have the Michell and it's wonderful, both sonically and looks-wise.  I also have a hot-rodded P3 that performs like a P6 or better and though I still love that thing, I find the Gyro much more engaging.  But a reviewer who has both the Gyro SE and the P10 seems to believe they are on the same level, and at times the Gyro asks questions that the P10 can't answer.  He also has a Vertere yet still spins the Gyro all the time.  The Gyro has recently doubled in price though since I bought it (with Tecnoarm) so it would be close call with the P10, but doubt you'd go wrong either way.