Turntables

I am kicking the idea of trying out vinyl. It’s been a long time since I had a turntable and it took a lot of thought whether I can deal with what always seemed like the snap, crackle & pops of an album. Anyway, I’ve decided to take a plunge after all the buzz how awesome it is. Of course before I make any final decisions, I always turn to the Audiogon community for their expert thoughts, opinions and education. I’m also looking for suggestions for a nice affordable table with tone arm and cartridge. Being the fact this is new to me and I may hate it, I’m looking for suggestions on the best affordable set up I can do for a new or used in the price range of $1000/$1500. I’m sure I can get a better bang for the buck going used. I just don’t know anything about these animals. My system is older but I still enjoy it which consist of a Mark Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2+6 used for 2 channel audio, Audio Acoustics model 9 speakers, Ayre DAC for digital with Transparent Audio Ultra mm2 cables. Any input is greatly appreciated!
128x128luvrockin

I know a little about tables and tonearms, but I would rather listen to music than play with stuff; that's why my next table will be a RP10, with the cartridge of my choice installed. When I receive it, all I have to do is play music.
Post removed 

I would recommend buying used. You can turn around and sell it for around the same price it was bought for if you decide vinyl is not your cup of tea. You will be out at least 50% of your purchase price if you buy new and decide to sell.
If your going to dip your toes into vinyl and compare it to good digital and be satisfied you wii need to pick the right gear or it will be a let down. And yes that means a certain amount of $$$ will need to expended or you simply won’t be happy. Ask me how I know. 

The Rega RP6 deal seems to be a no brainer.  And you can’t go wrong. 

Like someone said buying used has the benefit of more gear for the dollar plus resale advantage if you choose to move on. 

But I believe the credo “buy once, cry once” up to the point of deminishing returns. 

I think the best advice for you is the 1200gr. It a great product at a very reasonable price. Mass production allows them to sell such a product so low. 

So the table is $1700 +/-, you could get a Nagaoka MP-500 cart for $650, then you will need a preamp, budget min $700 used or $1000 +/- new, and don’t forget a decent phono cable at around $150.  That would be my suggestion to you for an initial budget.

im sure there are just as many other combos, but this budget is real if you don’t want to be disappointed.