Turntable that will be around heavy foot steps?

Looking for suggestions for turntables that would be used in a show/demo environment where there would be heavy foot steps/footfall about 3-6 feet from the turntable. Think Headfi vendor exhibition tables if you've been to a Canjam or the like.

Using it with an isolation platform is also an option. Lets say under $10k for used including the tonearm.
128x128dnath

noromance
1,839 posts
04-03-2019 1:59pm
"Look at framing out the specific area under the turntable and supporting the floor from underneath with lolly columns."

I agree with noromance....If you can, beef up the floor under your system components.  It won't be that expensive.....
+1 for geoffkait.  You are going to be unloading and setting up how much equipment?  You will need something light and easy to set up and adjust, IMHO.  Used a similar set up in my youth in a Vets Housing rental.  All wood buildings.  Used a washing machine spring connected by four small ropes to a platform.  Hung from the ceiling with a turntable on it, the tt never skipped again.  Good luck in your quest. 
A bit late to the thread here, but as others have mentioned, go SOTA.  You will have zero issues with vibration or footfalls.  They are very easy to set up, bullet-proof reliable and can be had brand-new with a top-flight tonearm and cartridge for well under your total budget.  In your circumstance, I feel that would be the way to fly.

Transporting them is also very easy, but there is a trick:  You have to make sure the sapphire bearing is isolated first.  There are a couple of grub screws with lock-nuts on either side of the platter shaft that perform this function.  You simply tighten them, lock them in position with the nuts and you're good to go.  I also used a couple of C-clamps and soft cloths to clamp the platter suspension down.  Moved the table that way across the country twice with never a problem.

Good luck & happy hunting!
You have only two choices, SOTA or SME, the suspended tables only. Both are excellent tables by any measure. The SOTA Cosmos is an incredible bargain. It is just as good as the SME and 1/2 the price. You have a little more versatility with the SME in regard to arms. Both are single arm tables but the tonearm boards are easy enough to change if you want to switch to another arm. To me this business about making a turntable look like jewelry is silly. The SOTA Cosmos in Macassar Ebony is gorgeous. 
You have only two choices, SOTA or SME, the suspended tables only

The STST Motus II is a low-torque direct drive with a very effective suspension. And it can be ordered with a huge choice of finishes. And its around the OP budget new....
I'm the importer for North America for full disclosure, but just check some of the
recent reviews...