Turntable sounds so much better when...

Hi i have a Pioneer pl-510-turntable and when i loosen the screw about a full turn, at the headshell/tonearm connection the sound is Amazingly better!! The Bass tighter then ever...Highs so crisp and Clear...soundstage much improved...im baffled...??!! I have a Denon DL-110 cartridge..PLEASE help me understand..Thank-you Richard
128x128vinylholicmusic
Is there a rubber grommet at the connection? As I recall there is, hence overtightening would remove the damping effect of this grommet.

Reminds me of my experience tightening the cartridge bolts on my headshell (traditionally one of those places where they say tighten as much as you can) and then realizing that a carbon fiber headshell deforms when over stressed - needless to say one lesson I shall not be repeating
Yes folkfreak there is a rubber grommet, I am just So amazed at the sonic difference i discovered by accident mind you...By loosening that lock nut...
Has to be by far the best Tweek i have
Ever found Bar none..I suggest everyone
Should at least Try it that has a removable headshell!! Wow..
vinylholic, are you talking about loosening the collar that fixes a removable headshell to the end of the arm wand, or are you talking about loosening the screws that hold the cartridge on the headshell, or what?  

There are two kinds of dogma's. The religious kind and scientific

kind. The later are ''caused'' by Kant with his ''absolute truth''.

However according to Popper all theories are refutable. In our

case there are two ''concepts'' which are questioned: rigidity and

energy  transfer.  I am dogmatic in the sense that I would never

use rubber ring between the headshell and the armwand while

both sides assume a coupling between them which can't be tighten

''to mach''.