Turntable sounds so much better when...

Hi i have a Pioneer pl-510-turntable and when i loosen the screw about a full turn, at the headshell/tonearm connection the sound is Amazingly better!! The Bass tighter then ever...Highs so crisp and Clear...soundstage much improved...im baffled...??!! I have a Denon DL-110 cartridge..PLEASE help me understand..Thank-you Richard
128x128vinylholicmusic
It's all about the vibrations and resonances, and then magnifying a tiny signal. Without any other info, I assume you found a better torque setting for the materials being used in your turntable setup.  Another quarter turn and it may start getting worse. But it sounds like it was torqued too high before.  

final answer 8^0 
Thanks..and maybe it's allowing the stylus to position itself in the vinyl better!
I wont Complain it's so Great..!!
Is there a rubber grommet at the connection? As I recall there is, hence overtightening would remove the damping effect of this grommet.

Reminds me of my experience tightening the cartridge bolts on my headshell (traditionally one of those places where they say tighten as much as you can) and then realizing that a carbon fiber headshell deforms when over stressed - needless to say one lesson I shall not be repeating
Yes folkfreak there is a rubber grommet, I am just So amazed at the sonic difference i discovered by accident mind you...By loosening that lock nut...
Has to be by far the best Tweek i have
Ever found Bar none..I suggest everyone
Should at least Try it that has a removable headshell!! Wow..