Turntable setup under $2000?

I'm interested in knowing peoples opinions on the best complete turntable setups (could be used) in the $1500-$2000 range (including deck,arm and cartridge).

I'm a total tt newbie, but would like to start off with a somewhat decent tt setup that would last a long time without feeling the need to upgrade.

I listen to mostly rock/pop type music, largely from the 60'/70's/80's, but also enjoi disco and female vocals as Adele.I would like a setup to suit such tastes.Want to have deeper bass, especially for early Beatles albums.
My current system: amp: YBA Integre DT, Loudspeakers Polk Audio LSI15, CD player Exposure 3010

Any advice would be much appreciated.
rockstream

Showing 1 response by mechans

I think you may be able to get a new VPI Traveler TT all set up. The only problem might be the phono stage preamp if your amp doesn't provide one. The cost of a phono stage varies widley so yo can start cheaply and work your way up.Alternatively you can easily find a used Music Hall MMF-5 and have plenty left for the phono pre. They usually come with MM carts so the soun d is different than a VPI which are paired with MC carts.