turntable recommendations

I'm currently running a rega rp6 with a groovetracer subplatter and a dynavector 20x2 cartridge.  I quite like it, but Upgradeitis has set in.    My goal is to get a  noticeable improvement without breaking the bank, say $5 K absolute tops.  I prefer new.    Based on my search to date, my current finalists are a rega p8 with apheta 3, or a dr. feikert volare with Origin silver mk3a tonearm and a hana ml.   Others I seriously considered are a clearaudio performance DC wood or a VPI prime, but with those I would have to put the Dynavector on it to stay under budget and it already has high hours on it.  None of these choices are available to demo in my area (Seattle) so I'm reaching out to my audiophile brethren for your experience, to better inform my decision.  
stantheman2
MC, I'm not sure the springs would work on the super-light Rega.
OP, When you say you quite like it, what do you not like?
Check out the AVM Rotation R2.3. Without cartridge (but with tonearm) it lists at $4500. This will be a clear step up from your RP6. I would look at the Ortofon Cadenza Red on it which would be a brilliant combo. I know it lists a bit above your max budget at list price but might be worth looking at. Especially if you have something to trade in, I am sure you could get this around your budget.

I personally am bringing in this table as a retail demo and will be what I use in my home system with a Cadenza Blue. This is a middle ground for me between a Rega RP3 and my Art Audio Composer Solo which is like $12K at retail but takes up to much space in my current home with external power supply.
it's not that don't like my current setup.  It's more that I'm drawn to the potential for a very noticeable improvement in overall quality of the sound and musical experience.  For example, reviews of rega TTs say the current P3 is better than my RP6, and the P8 is major step up in transparency, detail, etc. from the current P6.  From what i have read, the volare offers a similar potential step up, but with like with different characteristics.  So, I am looking for some informed opinions/experiences from readers to this forum to help guide me.  
do you listen to mono lps, i.e. early jazz?

I’m like a broken record, but one of the best things I ever did was go for 2 arms, mono arm, stereo arm, instantly mix mono/stereo lps in a listening session.

perhaps pick a TT that offers a second arm option for the future.

https://www.ortofon.com/hifi/cartridges-ranges/true-mono/

Since you have complete an upgrade to your Rega, take a look at the various upgrades I have completed on my 1982 Rega Planar 2

http://image99.net/blog/files/04fdba8476cfd21bdd7a5fdf38c8cdf5-28.html

But if you are not into DIY then consider these features.

• multi plinth construction
  • Acrylic platter
  • one-piece harness in the tonearm
  • fully adjustable VTA,
  • counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip
  • completely isolated/decoupled DC motor with 33 1⁄3 and 45 rpm speed controls located in the front
  • motor sits on its own resonance damping puck
  • ceramic main bearing for super quiet, fluid operation
My pick?
- the Music Hall 9.1 or 11.1 turntable
- has many of the features above

Hope that gives you something to ponder :-)

Regards - Steve