Turntable placement and isolation

Hello,
I have a Clearaudio Concept turntable which was so far placed on a rack behind the two front floor standing speakers. I am currently changing the layout of my 2 channel system, removed the audio rack from that imaging-sensitive location and placed all electronics on the carpeted floor between/behind the speakers. Each component, except the turntable, is currently placed on a maple plywood (1 inch thick) which sits on the thick carpet. The floor is a wooden suspended floor. I am also trying out HRS platforms for isolating the electronics. I need some help/advise on the turntable placement on the floor. What are your thoughts on putting a turntable on a platform on the carpeted floor? Is this going to seriously degrade the sound? What could be used to isolate the turntable from the carpeted ground such that there are no footfall issues? I would really appreciate your feedback.
Thanks.
indranilsen
@wolf_garcia & @cd318- Thanks for your feedback. Could you tell me the dimensions of this audiophile table? A picture would even be better if possible. I am trying to avoid placing any large rack/table between or behind the front loud speakers to enhance the imaging and hence curious about the dimensions.Thanks.
The newer table is a Pangea from Audio Advisor, the older and slightly less "audio freak" table is a rattan end table from "my past" and simply flies in the face of everything "mijostyn"stands for and likely trips his mind into the cosmos not unlike a good Zen koan. There ya' go.
Indranilsen, Well that pretty much rules out anything that is 'anchored' to the floor. You might try mass loading but frankly I doubt that that would help much either., the floor would still transmit foot falls.  Wall mounting might be your best solution if the wall is well constructed and you can find the vertical 2x4's to anchor it to. If your wall has 2x6's that's even better.

Good luck. :-)
@newbee- Thanks. The two options that I am currently working on are
1. Using mass/spring combination. Might try HRS/Townshend products to see if this concept works.
2. Wall mounting with some isolation stands placed on the wall-mount shelf
I really hope that one of these two options works out for me. Otherwise I have to consider moving the turntable and the phono pre-amp to an adjacent room which would be a lot harder option.

indranilsen, If you're not in love with the results of #1 and don't/can't do #2 you might consider a different  TT with a spring suspension where the springs are between the top of the plinth and the supporting plate for the arm and platter. I used and appreciated an Oracle for some years. The only issue I ever had with that TT was getting the springs balanced out when I put on a different arm and the spings where easily adjusted. I never put springs under anything - for me its counter intuitive.