Turntable /Cartridge hum

I’ve written about this before, but the problem seems to have gotten worse.
I have the unfortunate combination of a Rega (modified RP3) turntable and a Grado (Sonata Reference) cartridge, both of which are known for hum issues.
Whereas the sound is fabulous to my ears, there is a loud hum that I can hear when I get close to the speakers.  Fortunately I can’t hear it when the music is playing, but I certainly know it’s there, and somehow must be affecting the sound.  Also, I’ve just begun to not even a sort of fluttering sound that was not there before coming from the speakers.
Can anyone suggest an even partial remedy for these problems other than getting rid of turntable or cartridge, or both?
Only problem is, I really like the sound.
128x128rvpiano
What comes to mind is it might be a ground problem between your arm/cartrdige and phono pre. The fluttering may caused by infrasonic frequencies causing your woofers to flutter. In my case, Dan Wright came to the rescue and sent me some resistors, and told me where to install them, and it worked like a charm. There are filters that can be had that will filter out those frequencies.

Back to the hum problem, it's also possible you have a ground loop problem. I have had one in my center channel for a couple of years now. It only happens when the prepro is turned on. I've tried everything, an isolation tranny on the speaker wires to the center (that helped a bit), isolation on the power to the center channel amp and prepro, it just won't go away for me. I hope your problem will be easier to solve than mine.

Good luck, regards,
Dan 
Does that hum get louder for a period of time and then bursts away ?
I had this kind of noise when using an MC cartridge, as if a charge is building up and then bursts loudly away, in other words a heavy static problem. But you are not using an MC so maybe a different situation but it may very well be simply static so you could try to drain static more effectively. I´ve never had this phenomenon with MM cartridges.

I don't think you have the "same" problem. Check leads coming off your cartridge, make sure they are secure.

Check and see if you have this motor, if not, order and install.

http://www.rega.co.uk/24v-motor-upgrade-kit.html

You have a good combination, I had the same combination; if the hum is worse than you described before, you have a new and different problem.