I'm tending to think that it's an RFI problem, too. Further experimentation: late last night I tried an old Kimber IC I have and the problem worsened dramatically, I think because of the lack of shielding. The cables I have right now are AQ Diamondbacks, which are decently shielded, I think -- one reason I was a little unwilling to accept that they might be acting as antennae ;-). Also, I stuck a HighWire anti-RFI coil on the TT's power cable, which did help some: I can still hear the radio, but it's much quieter now. Moving things around is a good idea, but I just spent a day moving the system for improved WAV (and to help remote usage) so I not real excited about moving again :-). On the other hand, this problem didn't exist (or at least I didn't notice it) until after the move. I tried the cake pan thing, no improvement; also tried rotating the phono stage (it's small), no improvement. I guess I'll try the ferrite clamps next, and maybe some All Clear coils.