Turn Table Decision

I bought my first TT in 1979 while a freshman in high school -.a Dual CS508 ULM, and I still have it, currently with an inexpensive Audio Technica cartridge, I was using it until very recently, when I received in a trade a Marantz 6200 with a Shure v15 type IV cartridge. The problem is the Marantz has a hum. Both channels, volume-dependent. I reconnected the Dual and there is no hum, so I am pretty sure it is the Marantz. I played around with my multimeter, and I cannot find anything obvious. 

So my question is: Do I spend $100-$200 (guessing) to fix the Marantz, or do I just stick with the Dual (or do I suck it up and buy a better TT)?

The rest of the system, if it helps: Acoustic Research AR3a speakers; Audio Research M100 tube monoblocks; JENA Labs interconnects; conrad-johnson PV12 tube preamp with phono stage; and a McIntosh MR67 tube tuner.

Thanks. 
bkrpdx
I've only had a couple of turntables and am still kind of new to it, but the Pioneer PLX-1000 at $699 could fit the bill. Still leaves you with a few hundred for a cart. Hopefully others whom are much more knowledgeable in this area will chime in. 
@bkrpdx - I like the look of the Music Hall 3.3 (in your budget) and the 5.3 (just over your budget)

Regards
use the Dual as a paper weight  Poor choice sonically.  Cling clang  You want clean simple devices - tons to choose from for as little as say $300  Look at Rega, Project, even Orbit.  These are all solid bases and dense (plinths) to cut down vibration, ditto on the platter, decent tonearm and cartridge  No gears or moving parts to make noise (remember the needle is actually kind of a microphone) but a separated motor attached with a gentle belt. SImple, clean, attractive, they sound good too. Most popular inexpensive cartridge, often bundled in with an Orotofon 2m Red or other ortofon which tells me the manufacturers are pleased with the sound.  Try Pro ject T1 ($350 new), Orbit Basic ($179)  Want a step or two up?  The gorgeous Pro Ject Debut Carbon  I saw for $450 on amazon.  
@bkrpdx
If you like the Marantz you should keep it . You should replace the stylus on that 40 year old Shure cartridge. LP gear sells a replacement!
https://www.lpgear.com/product/SHSV15IV.html
BTW, since that table is over 40 years old a new belt might be in order!
https://www.lpgear.com/product/MAR6200.html