Tuner recommendations

I have not used a tuner in years but recently I sold my pre-amp and the new one had not arrived yet so I borrowed a cheap pre-amp/tuner combo from a friend. I actually got to like having radio available.

I have thought about getting a Magnum Dynalab but I don't really know much about what is available. Anybody got a recommendation for a good tuner? I don't mind spending a few bucks for a good tuner.
128x128nrchy

Showing 1 response by c123666

I am currently using a Yamaha CT 610 II am/fm tuner that I bought off EBAY for 40 bucks and it sounds darned good. I am moving that to my teenager (with his Dynaco SCA 80) and replacing it with a Yamaha T7 mostly because the T7 has a much lower profile and space is at a premium.

The guys suggesting tuners from the 70s are correct! If you want to spend some serious money on a tuner pick up a Sansui 9900 or a Kenwood KT600 (or KT7500 and have it modified) or a Luxman T110. The new tuners that cost 500 and up are a waste of money IMHO unless you simply have money to burn and want the convenience of just buying it at a store.

Carl