Tuner choices? Help me please

I want a tuner with a remote. I'm looking for a used unit. I constantly switch stations. I looking at the Musical Fidelity A.3 (not 3.2 cannot afford used), Parasound T/DQ-1600, and Carver TX-12. All seem good for the used price. Any opinions? Comments. Please help I need a tuner.
128x128finsfan05401
Misterkleef: What do you mean by "medium/strong signals"?
What numerical readout on the Onyko's'signal strength indicator for "medium"? for "strong"? Thanks!
This is a bit late, so I hope it still helps:

Kenwood L-1000T is the best you'll find with a remote that does everything for around $400-500 or so. The Onkyo and Fanfare already mentioned also do well.

But if you want to get something less expensive, seek out a Yamaha TX-930 or TX-950, which allowed you to switch presets with the remote. They seem to be identical except for the color of the display. They also are designed very nicely and allow you to program station names in. Most don't have a remote with them, but Yamaha should still sell them. It was an option.
Is that there "S" line expensive one? If so, I'd hope it would perform at least as well as the old Monitor ones. I can't remember, but think the Monitor tuner alone was called the 4300? Ern