Tubes vs. solid state.

I just switched back to my ss equipment and can't see how I listened to ss for so many years and thought that I had a good system, maybe the equipment needs to be left on for some time.
But regardless of that, the difference is startling. I know that my tube equipment is not the same degree of excellence as my ss, but now ss sounds lean, thin lifeless. Have my listening priorities changed? One thing I noticed; my listening perception adapts to the sound present in the room. As I write this the sound is improving incremently.
Anyone share the same experience??
I will post as I will continue to listen and notice differences.
Ss is simaudio p-5 w-5, tubes are Cj premier 4 amp and audio experience a2se preamp.
Are there ss preamps that will satisfy or am I smitten by bubes I mean tubes.
pedrillo

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Is the romance over? I don't think so. Best to check out some system other then your own, say at a dealer that has a good stock of tubes and SS. I have both, and I always go back to tubes, especially if the source is analogue. I have never found SS to equal the sound of great vinyl played through a chain of tubes. Hey, I've been at this for fifty years. I started with tubes and always come back to them.