Tubes-Uninformed Buyers??

I am real puzzled or maybe missing something here. I view Audiogon several times daily and have for a couple of years. I see ads for used currently produced tubes (ie EiKt90, Sovtek Kt88s, EL34s,Svetlana Kt88s,etc etc) which are readily available on the net new for less than what people ask for a apparently get used here on Audiogon. I saw a lightly used Quad of Kt88s sell (the price was FIRM) here for $120. I bought mine NEW for $80/quad from a tube dealer.

What is really strange is the time ive tried to sell a bunch of lightly used el34s and priced them accordingly, I didnt have any interest. Maybe I should have priced them over current retail.
128x128justlisten

Showing 1 response by lake513

I think a lot of people use the term NOS to mean a tube that can be new [never used ] or a tube that is used and still tests in the new range. You need to know what the specs are for a tube you are thinking about buying and buy only tested tubes from one of the better sellers . Power tubes are very trickey to buy and have more risk fellow audiogon seller fletchj has been very good to Me . I also like tubeworld pricey but great tubes . lake513