Tubes to digital

hi,I have a Arcam av8 prepro and a Arcam 139 cd-dvd player.I want to upgrade to use the 139 for my movies and perhaps the audio research CD-7(dedicated for my cds as I like separates.
QUESTION is-running the tube based cd-7 into the av-8,will there be a major improvement in the sound from the Ar-7 running into a solidstate prepro,or will it still have the character of the AV-8 as it is the last component in the chain.THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Av-8,Dv-139,Benchmark Dac-1,Bryston 7b-sst X 3 monos,2x4b-ssts, Revel 50-as X3,S-30 surrounds,Velodyne DD15,GRC interconnects and Shunyata python helix pcs and Clearaudio champion II turntable.
128x128drummermitchell

Showing 1 response by jp1208

Drummermitchell, I went from the AV-8 to a Ming DA MC2a3 dedicated 2 channel tube pre. It is like taking the blinds off a window and when you change out all the Chinese tubes it is like opening the window. You would be money ahead as well but then again there is no by-pass option on the pre.
Defenitely a different set up without a by-pass option. It is absolutely worth it to me though. As you well know the AV-8 is no slouch either.