TUBES: Telefunken EL84 & ECC801

Hello. Who's familiar with sound of vintage 60s military Telefunken E84L (el84) and ECC801S (ecc81) ?

Can you guys recommend me something better than telefunken? I have a set of these Telefunken tubes in my WLM Minueta class-a push-pull and i like it, but this is the only one set of hi-end tubes of highest quality i have. Need to secure myself and buy another as a spare set. Also i'd love to try something better if possible. I listen my WLM in triod mode with Druid MK5 speakers of 101db and love it. I must say when i changed stock tubes (modern JJ & Tungsram) to vintage nos military Telefunked the difference was huge! I believe only with Telefunked i realised what is the tube sound.

I'm considering some other hi-end NOS tubes of that kind from different brands or maybe some top of the line new reissue tubes (i'm still doubt they can compete with Telefunken).

Need help.
128x128chakster

Showing 2 responses by rauliruegas

Dear @analogluvr : There is no doubt that you was and are a very good student ( with honors. ) of the corrupted AHEE where all belongs to.

Problem with you is that after all those years in the audio hooby you are still sticky to that tube real crap that we all learned since ( at least ) the middle of the last century but you need awake. Even that you still live in that old past century years we are in 2017: wake up !. Things already changed for the better and that's why exist SS and digital technologies ! ! !

Regards and ebnjoy the MUSIC not DISTORTIONS,
R.
Dear @chakster :  """   something pretty much involving, maybe different sound. Some modern tubes i have tried were total crap and non involving at all. .... """

Stop to play rolling tubes, it's useless and can give you what you are looking for: TRUE MUSIC ENJOYMENT.

If that is your target you need to change and forget almost all the AHEE teached and you learned as a very good audiophile. You need to take a radical path to arrive  " there " and only have one alternative that's through a good SS overall design. Tubes can't honor MUSIC, yes can make sounds but that's all.

You are an audio hyperactive gentleman so why not ( " just for fun ". ) make that " proscripted " ( by AHEE. ) change?. You can do because if you want to grow up then you have to experience NEWAYS to do it!
After all, we have to test and listen " new " things to evaluate if we are really in the rigth road or not. That's what you do every day with your several cartridges to evaluate whcich are the best ones.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC not DISTORTIONS,
R.