tubes for leben cs600

hi there.
i look for good tubes for my leben cs600 that connected to my devoe nines speakers .
i dont know alot on tubes i have now kt77 and kind of el34 tubes but they are in the end of them life. igot suggest to buy from jim mcshane and he give me this suggsted :

(1 quad) 6L6GC-STR Tung-Sol reissue, $87.50
(4) 6CS7 - 2 Sylvania & 2 Raytheon/Japan, $38.00/set
(1) 6CJ3 GE NOS USA made, $7.50
but when i try to invite he email me and say that only 2 6cs7 sylvania he can provide because he dont have in is stock 2 more c6s7. so i dont know what to do i most have new stock of all the tubes to my leben ,i wonder to buy from the company leben extacly what they put inside the leben but to order it is about 400$ to israel all the
tubes new, or to buy from jim mcshane the tubes that he have for 120$ besides the 2 6cs7 that he dont have in stock and he dont know if he will have it ,so maybe to buy the two that he miss from ebay bout i dont know what to buy from ebay very confused
please any suggestion about th tubes what you says my friends
thanks alot
bolero32

Showing 2 responses by notec

Get the tubes from Jim. The 6L6GC-STR Tung-Sol Quad is a good choice IMO.

I have KT-120's (matched quad) in mine that I bought from Jim and they sound great.

The rectifier tube (6CJ3 ) doesn't enhance the sound if at all when rolling In a non-stock one.
Bolero - I can't say for certain why one tube costs more than another except for the usual: supply and demand. IMO it has more to do with performance in the targeted amp. In this hobby subjectivity is king. The beauty of this amp is the flexibility an owner has in trying out 'many' different tubes! Each tube characterized by its own signature sound.

Check with Leben ([email protected]) about mixing different brand tubes within the CS-600. Since this amp is auto-biasing you may be alright. I always put in a matched quad just to be safe and have never 'mixed' different brand tubes in the CS-600 WRT the power tubes. Most probably would not.

See the linked sheet for possible power tube combinations sent to me from Yoshi Hontani (Managing Director):
CS-600 TUBE COMPATIBILITY LIST

Sounds likes you've only had the KT77's in the CS-600? What other's - if any - have you tried and/or compared them to in the amp?

If you haven't started your "rolling" (tubes) adventure then buckle up and get ready for the ride of your life.

enjoy the music...