Tube upgrade for Shanling A3000

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the original EH6922 tubes come with with my Shanling A3000 and I don't know what kind of tubes work best with my amp. Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks,
vnhifi
Each tube manufacturers of the 6922, 6DJ8 or E88CC/ECC88 have different sonics (larger soundstage, low noise, warm sound,details, tighter bass.) You will have to determine what areas in your system you are trying to improve on.

The http://www.tubestore.com seems to have a larger stock of 6922 tubes.

Expect to pay $37 to $399 plus for a matched pair. Here are several tubes that I listed if my system required the 6922. Again you have to determine what sonics you want to improve.

Telsa ECC88/ 6922 Gold Pin (used in EAR Amps)
Ei Elite 6DJ8 / 6922
JAN Phillips 6922 (Used Audio Illusion)
Black Sabel Mullard ECC88/6922

For added clarity might as well change the fuses (HiFi Tunning or Isoclean) in the A3000 while your looking under the hood.
Hi Lapierre,

Thanks for your advice. Today, I opened my Shanling A3000 and found out the tubes were not the Chinese made; they were Electro Harmonix 6922 tubes made in Rusia.
Cool.

You can take a step up in sonics depending on how you want your system voiced with different tubes.

Enjoy and keep discovering.
By the way, there are about 8 fuses on my Shanling A3000 and should I replace them all?

Thanks,
Honestly, replacing 8 fuses would be extremely expensive compared to the price of the unit. I would not think that the funds spent on that could not do more improvement somewhere else.
If you had one or two fuses this would be a nice tweak but eight fuses is a bit costly at $30 each.

Anybody know if the balanced input on the Shanling A-3000 uses the tube stage or goes through opamps?