Tube stereo sounds -smaller- after being on

Ok here is a weird one. I’ve been into tube audio for the last 20 years or so and I have one system I leave as is and one system I mess around with and change things out. For the most part, these days, I’m happy with both. Except I’ve been noticing something I thought I was imagining. Which is my experimental system starts out sounding great and after being on for a couple of hours sounds worse. Small soundstage, compressed highs and lows. Just over all enh. I have two turntables -

Gates and an EMT 930. The mixer is a great sounding one hand built in Austrailia called a Condesa Lucia. The amp is a Line Magnetics 2a3 amp LM 217. The cartridges are an EMT and a Denon 102. The tt preamps are by sun valley and auditorium 23. The one thing I can think of is the amp is a 220 version and goes through a power converter. Perhaps this is a sonic wrecker when it gets hot. Any other ideas? Thank you. 

yaluaka
Post removed 

@yaluaka , potentiometers are the death of high fidelity. Get rid of that awful device. It does not belong in a high fidelity system. I am not even sure what kind of system it belongs in!

It’s obviously not the mixer of the sound is initially good with the mixer in the line up. I was eying that mixer a few years back - it’s top notch among rotary mixers.

I would set up a few experiments with the equipment running on 220 and the overheating transformers - then if the problem persists I’d look into tube swapping. If the mixer has a tape loop you may be able to connect the loop out to another input. After a few hours switch to the loop input to see if the problem persists. 

@mijostyn 

+1

There is a reason high end equipment eschews extra functions adding extra potentiometers. 

@yaluaka I don't see any reference to your OP or follow up that suggests you are seeking route to HiFi Nirvana.

I only see a request for ideas on a solution to resolve a issue with a sonic that develops that is unattractive and wanted to be overcome.

I see no reason for you to get rid of any of your equipment unless you feel the need is necessary. 

Your Systems, Your Home, Your 20 Years spent building a Tube Based Set Up.

I'm sure there is plenty close at hand to meet your needs perfectly, it does not have to be anybody else's ideas that are needed to be followed.  ,