Tube rolling in Yaqin Pacific Valve Tube Buffer

A Shuguang 6N1 is included with the tube buffer from the factory. It sounds pleasant. An Amperex 6dj8 orange globe A frame I tried, sounded surprisingly thin and the highs shrill. I can only guess that the buffer is "voiced" for the supplied Shuguang 6N1 tube and NOS tubes therefore don't sound as one would expect.
I read that owners of Yaqin & Pacific Valve tube buffers have bee using JAN Philip green label 6922.
Does anybody have any other experience with tube upgrades for these tube buffers?
Thanks.
umn

Showing 1 response by geraldm121

I own the single tube version of the Yaqin and was one of the early advocates of the JAN6922 and it does work quite well. That said I have moved on to the Russian 6N1P with even better results. Cleaner mids, tighter bass and equal highs.
Incidentally the tube socket on my Yaqin is labeled with numerous tubes that can be used and the 6N1, 6922, and 6DJ8 are all included. Currently my buffer is in use between a Cayin MT12A amp and Denon multi format DVD/CD player to remove/smooth some of the harshness from the output and does so quite well.