Tube Preamp Recommendations?

Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum.  I'm on the hunt for a new tube pre-amp.  I think.  It is replacing an aging PSE Hybrid Line Stage 1 preamp.  Several of the RCA outputs on the PSE don't work, the power button is finicky, and it is all original, ostensibly in need of major overhaul.  Labels on capacitors and other parts have fallen off, etc.  I love the slightly warm (to my ear) holographic sound of the PSE.  I would like to upgrade the SQ.  I find bright, high resolution sound like that of my KEF X300A computer desktop speakers very fatiguing after a short period of time.  

My system consists of an Auralic Aries Mini with SBooster power supply > Kimber Kable PBJ RCA interconnects> PSE HL1 > Kimber Kable Hero RCA interconnect > N.E.W. A-20 amp > Analysis Plus Oval 9 speaker wire > ProAc Response Two S speakers mounted on very beefy steel stands.  I stream a lot of Tidal on the Aires' Lighting DS app.

My short list of possible replacements are AR SP6, AR SP8, CJ PV10 and Quicksilver Full Function.  Two other options are AI Modulus 3A and ModWright LS 100 (if i can find a good deal on one--it's a stretch for my budget), but I'm afraid these two might be too neutral or bright for my ear.  I'd appreciate any recommendations.  Overhauling the PSE preamp is a possibility, but one audio professional i trust told me i can really improve SQ over the PSE.

Thanks for any tips or advice!
robert1234
Robert, do you have the remote and manual for your HL1?  I bought one recently and mine came with neither. Mine works fine, but I cannot find remote codes for it. Would you be willing to share the manual with me by email?  Also, do you have a way to get the remote codes off of the remote?
Sorry dryanlocker, I don't have a manual. I just looked at the remote and don't see any writing that would indicate codes.
If you are putting your PSE out to pasture, are you willing to sell me the remote?  In the alternative, would you be willing to loan it to me by mail so I could use it to teach my Harmony the codes? I promise I would return it and could arrange a deposit or something like that through PayPal if it would make you more comfortable. 

@Robert1234,  I think the ARC SP6B came with Telefunken 12AX7s as original equipment.  They have a reputation for being for  clean, cool and crisp sounding tubes.  I can concur from my own experience with them. Telefunkens were frequently matched in the "golden era" of early stereo integrateds,  nonetheless  they had a very warm overall presentation.. I have a couple of tube Sherwoods like that.

As I said I tried a number of tubes in my SP6B, including 5751s and it didn't matter- same sonic, utterly remarkable..  My pre is a true wire with gain, (it was used and modded when I got it.).  They do have superb phono sections.  BTW my SP6B came with Bel  (India) 12AX7s.

I hope it turns out to be what you wanted. Let us know how it works out in your system.