tube pre amp and Krell FPB 600

Krell in its reference manual says : Tube pre amplifiers , by design, are capacitively coupled. For this reason, the benefit of a direct coupled amplifier can not be realized when used with a tube preamplifier. Additionally , many tube preamplifiers output a great deal of DC. This DC may exceed the servo of a FPB amplifier. Excessive DC level in a signal can damage amplifier , speakers , or both.
Can I use Air tight ATC 2 pre amp with Krell FPB 600 ?
Please advise.
Thanks
fpooyandeh

Showing 3 responses by knghifi

I've had 3 Krell amps over 10+ years and always drove them with tube preamps (SF, McIntosh, CJ ...) and never had a problem.

There are reasons for rules. If not followed, probability of problems increases.
12-04-14: Audiolabyrinth
I always get a thump sound over the speakers when I turn my amp off, it's really alot of power, seems normal to me.
I've always turn my amps off before pre and don't get a thump even with a Krell FPB600.
Audiolabyrinth, my pre automatically mutes after turn-on and I always mute the pre before turning off the amp.

As you know, components are expensive and heavy to ship so I always operate them correctly.