Tube Matching Primer

Hi all. I'm in the process of rolling tubes for the new Cary 303/300 cd player and I am a novice in tubes. I understand from reading earlier posts that tube matching may not be critical in low power applications like cd players or preamps. However, I would still like to understand what matching is and what the numbers mean. Thanks in advance for your help.
ozfly
Hi, Ozfly:
Wish I could help you, but I don't know how to read the numbers. Hopefully, someone reading this will educate us both.
Best wishes,
Jay
As far as reading the numbers and matching goes,
I believe thay have to be tested on the same tester to match do to the calibration of the tester.

I think that different brands of testers have their own rating tables as far as a bad, good and tests as new.

I'm sure that other members here with more experience than I will be posting soon to help you.

As stated in previous post, microphonics will show up if used in a preamp. A tube can test as new, but have very bad microphonics. Try and buy from someone that actually tests for that if buying tubes for your pre, I learned the hard way!
Thanks again Jay and Dcrookham53. I hope my question wasn't too naive or vague since there were no other responses -- unfortunately, I'm a tube novice. If anyone needs more clarification to my question, please let me know.