Tube Curious - Preamp Suggestions

I'm considering replacing my SS preamp (Parasound JC2) with a tube preamp. I enjoy my system but it leans a bit towards the analytical side. I'm looking for a more musical presentation.

The ARC Ref 3 has piqued my interest and is within my budget. Any opinions on how my system may change (for better or worse)?

System:
Pro-Ject RM10.1
Sonos Music Streamer
Oppo Universal disc
Bryston BDA-1 DAC
ARC PH8 Phono preamp
Parasound JC2 preamp
Bel Canto Ref 1000 Monos (to be replaced with Pass Labs XA60.5)
B&W 804D
SVS Sub
speedevil
11-21-14: Soix
I think VAC is another good pre to consider but would likely sound perhaps a touch softer, lush, or more "tubey" than ARC, which may or may not be a good thing.

While I do agree that VAC is a touch softer, lush and more "tubey" than ARC, it is nowhere near soft or lush like CJ or Cary. That is like saying that 55 degrees is a touch warmer than 50 degrees. While this is a true statement, I don't think that anyone would consider either temperature to be warm.

VAC is one of my favorites, it is very revealing and transparent, almost as much so as the ARC line. Though VAC doesn't have quite the hardness, thinness, or glassiness of the ARC gear. In other words, that touch softer is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Neither ARC nor VAC should ever be confused with a soft, lush, tubey sound, both are on the transparent side of the fence, though ARC is more extreme towards that end than VAC, IMHO.
I've heard VAC amplification and recall it as a reference sound for me that helped shape where I am today, which is ARC tube pre-amp + Class D power amplification. Fewer tubes, more power and drive for speakers that benefit, very efficient and resulting sound is in line with that VAC reference standard I recall. ARC provides the detail and clarity and good Class D (Bel Canto ref1000m) provides a touch of softness along with enough power and drive for most anything. I run everything from smaller Triangle and Dynaudio monitors to large OHM floorstanders off this combo. Each has a unique sound in ways but all share a common balance between being both detailed and musical. Couldn't be happier.

I equate the resulting sound and bass in particular through my larger OHM full range speakers, as lean and mean, like a MMA fighter in peak condition, say Georges St-Pierre. I would not want it any fuller or fatter and struggle to get bass anywhere else sounding that good, ie just right and not obscuring any of the rest.
Mapman, "fuller bass" meaning appropriate bass. Bass which allows the weight of each upright bass note to sound like individual notes with their own weight, and dynamic "pop" as opposed to an overly ripe bass where the notes are smeared together or overly lean when the notes are all fast, lean, but generic and not offering any weight variation with individual notes. With upright bass, electric bass, cellos, drum sets, this is audible with good reproduction. This is also the ability to sustain notes which should be sustained, but letting go of the notes as well when appropriate. Plasmatech
In my opinion, fuller bass support from a tube preamp that one guy can get another guy may not get by varying degrees depending on the synergy with the other components and the end-resulting speakers. There are so many variables involved that you are simply experimenting with a preamp and will not know the results until you connect the preamp to your system. Everything matters, sources and preamp and amp and speakers. I have never heard an ARC preamp but I have seen the reports of them providing the modern tube sound which is supposed to be less of a tube sound, not lush, and less full sounding (but musical). My preamp is a Joule Electra LA150 II.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It sounds like the ref3 may not be what I'm looking for. With that said, in addition to checking some of the recommended pre's, I'll be auditioning the ref 5SE. It's more than I'd like to spend but from what I've read, may be exactly what I'm looking for. As I mentioned, my system is a TAD analytical. I don't want to push it too far in the opposite direction.

For those that asked about other aspects of my system, my conditioner is a PS Audio PPP, my cart is a Lyra Kleos, and my interconnects are AQ Niagara's.