Tube Amps Watts vs SS amp

Can someone explain is there is a difference between the watts of a tube amp vs vSS amp, Looking to get a tube amp ,but i see that the watts are much less than the SS amps, So how do these Tubes amps with 25 -70 - wpc drive these high end speakers, I have a vintage pair of AR 9s and 2 mcintosh MC2200 amps in mono (400 WPC) to drive these ,what tube amp will power these under 3-4k new or used, Thanks 
128x128bestbaker
Atmasphere, I am certainly a believer in considering how the sensitivity of our ears changes with volume as were scientists long ago. Harvey Fletcher and Wilden Munson wrote their famous paper back in 1933. Loudness correction was a standard feature in preamps back in the day. The problem was that only one correction curve could be used which would only be accurate at one volume level. My processor uses a set of 6 curves pertaining to specific volume levels. The processor automatically blends from one curve to the next as volume increases, Dynamic loudness correction. The end result is that the music sounds the same regardless of volume. Bass and treble are automatically cut as volume increases. Under these circumstances I think distortion/clipping is more obvious as it stands apart from the high frequencies of the music. It also makes listening at high volumes magically comfortable. Violins and female voices do not cut your throat. The processor also does room control. IMHO the importance of room control is not in obtaining a flat frequency response as flat sounds terrible at most volume levels it is in obtaining exactly equal frequency response in both channels. The end result being laser imagining as frequencies don't shift between speakers. Any speaker's frequency response will change with position as well as two speakers of the same model will have slightly different frequency response. This technology is starting to become available in various iterations and I expect it will drift down to lower price points. None of the currently available units have dynamic loudness correction.
My understanding is that the concept of “bandwidth” is very important. Perhaps more important for tube amps than solid state. But I have a First Watt SIT-3 which is a low watt solid state amp. It apparently has some bandwidth to it because it drives my Magico A3s well. They have a sensitivity of 88dB, an impedance of 4 ohms and recommended minimum power of 50 watts. The SIT-3 drives them just as well as my Bryston 4B3, which has a lot more power. But what I would like to know from the group is: how is bandwidth measured? How do you calculate bandwidth? Thanks. 
I am driving 85 dB sensitivity speakers with 200 WPC of pure analogue tube power using 8 KT150s. I can drive these to 98dBA spl with little effort and NO clipping and more to go. It sounds better than the comparable powered SS amp that I replaced.

Rollin
It's most likely been already covered but a watt is a watt whether it is sand or glass. All other factors will influence how amps work in their installations but a Watt is the same no matter where it comes from.