Tube amplifier upgrade suggestions welcome.

I currently have a Musical Fidelity m2si and some Tekton Lore speakers and would like to buy a power amplifier to upgrade my system.  I'd like to keep the m2si in the system as a preamp.  I'd like more clarity, bass, and dynamics in my setup.  I have up to $2K to spend and thought I'd try out a tube amp since my speakers are supposed to be very tube-friendly.

I have considered something like a Parasound A23+ or Rotel 1582 amplifier -- what are the equivalent tube amplifiers to these?  I'm in an 11' x 12' room with horrible acoustics but I've treated it with 8 GIK 244 bass traps and have added an SVS-SB1000 to fill in the low end which helped a ton.  How should I proceed from here?
128x128shawn3997

Showing 3 responses by tomic601

good advice and a fantastic amp designed and built by a true audio engineering genius and music lover Roger Modjeski.

great advice on swapping tubes. RAM tubes is the place to go, Roger was also an innovator on computer testing of tubes, matching / grading. His designs feature thousands of hours of operating life. I have his breakthrough RM-9 but you have an incredible amp in the RM-10.

make sure your input cables are not creating the scratch you hear, tight clean connections. There is factory help and tube sales for your amp and a cadre of techs at former MR dealers to help also.

reach out if needed.

finally, the RM-10 is highly desirable, so if it doesn’t work for you, easy resale.
why ? he knows one answer, at best.
try any number of excellent tube amps by companies with long track records and support: Rogue, Quicksilver, Conrad Johnson, ARC, VTL, Decware, Bottlehead, VanAlstine.......the list is long, i would start w Quicksilver....