Tube amplifier suggestion for 101 dB speakers

Hello All,

I've been using the Tyler Acoustics PD30s with Classé Sigma solid state preamp and amp combination.
These speakers have two 15" woofers and a horn tweeter, 4 ohm, sensitivity 101 dB.
The above combination is not the best, especially for complex rock music, the highs start to distort, they are harsh, just bad. Never had tube gears, but after reading a bit, these speakers apparently scream for tubes. Actually somebody brought over a hobbyist-made tube amp and yes, the speakers were tamed.
I'm willing to switch to a tube amp but prefer to keep the ss preamp.
Can anybody recommend a few good tube amp matches here, for a max of 3K new or used. Room is just a good medium size. I want something that I can keep for many years if possible and being somehow flexible to tube rolling.

Thanks.
128x128piramis
shkong78 wrote:

The used ST-100 could be best starting point for you.

If you change stock 12AX7 to Telefuken( around 200$ per pair) and 12Au7 to Amperex NOS (around 120$ per pair), it sound very nice.
Tungsol KT 120 is good and not much choice for tube rolling.
It is not that difficult to adjust bias manually.
Once you do it, it keeps the value for several months or more.
The Rogue ST-100 definitely looks interesting to me as I said before.
Since I want to get involved manual bias won't be a problem, actually would prefer that.
By the way, did these amps have different generations thru the years? Probably not, but the only thing I see that the user manual from their website was issued in summer 2013.
I propose: Unison research unico 100, Copland CTA 501 tube power,Phatos Logos,Jadis DA 50 s en -DA 30. You will hear the difference . Jadis and Copland the best for their price. Look at 2hands
With 101db speaker, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you buy a higher powered traditional push pull pentode amp without first trying out a SET, OTL or other design that prioritizes great sound over high power output. If the impedance doesn't allow for such, that's a different story. 
Posts above are a combo of good suggestions (e.g. Viva  or Dennis Had's SET amps) and some that seem like they are coming from those with lower efficiency dynamic speakers and are just telling you to buy what they know/like with those designs that have totally different needs than you do.
I have a ton of respect for Rogue , Music Reference and Quicksilver but for your situation it sounds like doing surgery with a machete instead of a scalpel. 
How about Atma-Sphere S30, SETs from Dehavilland like Aries 845s, even the inexpensive Jolida SETs if you can find one.
Perhaps someone can chime in regarding experience with 300Bs when dealing with a 4ohm load? That would help him narrow things down a bit. Cheers,
Spencer
Thanks for the input.
Actually I'm learning as I'm reading about these different tubed designs, never had one before. And there is a lot to read and learn actually.
And am having a look at all these proposed units.
How about Atma-Sphere S30, SETs from Dehavilland like Aries 845s, even the inexpensive Jolida SETs if you can find one.
Perhaps someone can chime in regarding experience with 300Bs when dealing with a 4ohm load? That would help him narrow things down a bit. Cheers,
Spencer
Actually yes, looking at the specs of my speakers, the logic says to go with SET amplifier.
The  Atma Sphere S-30 looks interesting, but is classified as an OTL type.
Now what?