TUBE AMP LOVERS - What SS amp makes you smile???

I'm looking for input from tube amp lovers that have switched from tube to solid state amplifiers and not looked back.

What tube amp did you move on from?

What SS amp provided the same level of musicality, keeping you smiling for the long-haul?

Thanks.
barrelchief
Post removed 
Audio Research VTM120 monoblocks to Mark Levinson 23.5 amps. The 23.5s are wonderful amps that to this day will still beat most new ss amps out there. Still repairable (believe it or not) and are really nice.

But, I recently lost my mind and purchased two Audio Research REF 250 amps. I've been listening to these amps for about two years at my favorite store and without a doubt, they are the best amps I've ever heard. This is not a solid state vs tube debate. I've not heard for the money tube amps that beat the Mark Levinson 23.5. Still to this day, one of the best Mark levinson amps.

However, I just consider the REF 250 amps to be the best I've heard. Just great sound and design. And like I said, I lost my mind.

But, I am smiling.

For my speakers, I need lots of power and dynamic head room. Martin Logan Monolith III even with the Krell KBX balanced crossovers, this speaker needs power.

So, the AR REF 250 on the upper panels of the speakers and my second 23.5 on the bass drivers. Wow!!!!

enjoy
Right now I am using a pair of Quicksilver Mid Mono amps and they are great, however I do regret selling my McCormack DNA 125.....that was a great solid state amp....I've owned a number of amps both tube and solid state and that 125 was one of my favorites. One of the best values in used amps out there.

The Quicksilvers have been rock solid reliable and sound excellent but you should always have a solid state amp as a back up....honestly the McCormack was too nice to let sit in a closet and I know it went to a good home where someone else is enjoying it as much as I did....I have a B&K 2140 in case I need it as a back up...
Oddiofyl, you and a couple of others here have mentioned how much you like McCormack amps so I gotta add that, if you liked the stock amps, you really should hear the upgraded versions by Steve McCormack at SMc Audio. In the past five years, I have owned the latest model Clayton M300 Class A monos, Lamm M1.1 hybrid monos, Ncore NC1200 Class D monos, Cary's 500.1 monos, Herron's M1 monos and others but none of those sounded better than my McCormack DNA-2 LAE stereo amp that Steve upgraded to his Signature Edition.

IMO, tubed and SS amps are like apples and oranges, you can like either or both but they don't taste the same.