Tube amp for JBL 4367

well its come to this guys... im keeping these speakers and would like a good tube amp...seems a toss up between the bob carver crimson 275 and the don sachs katooney amplifier
I feel like the bob carver is much more state of the art design, established amp maker. knows his stuff. has plenty of exclusive technology and a topology and design that is by far unique. i hear it is capable of 200w peaks, runs cool to the touch, and weighs a scant 20lb. which is a good thing if you ask me. i hate lifting heavy gear.
the katooney? well.. its using a tried and true design, yea? nothing special... I feel like don sachs is more of 'just a guy' using an older design, in a nice case. sort of get the impression that compared to bob carver, he's an absolute amatuer. im sure the amp is well made, but... somthing in my head tells me that bob carvers amp is just surperior? can the don sachs handle 200w peaks? i dunno...
but the don sachs has a LOT more reviews out there.
budget is about 3500-4000usd. and i will not be considering the mcintosh mc275. my preamp is a hornshoppe the truth.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls

Showing 1 response by korakotta

Hi! Did you get your tube amp? I am thinking about to buy JBL 4367 speakers also and a decent tube amp.
What about the Primaluna dialogue hp? Can it be good with EL34 or KT120 or KT 150 tubes?