TTWeights closing their doors

Has anyone heard of this, just caught a recent for sale item from them that mentioned they will be closing their doors for table manufacturing on 12/18/15.
audibleguy
I have read of some owners not happy with speed issues on TTW tables.  I was looking at one time to upgrade to a TTW but research I did kept me from doing so.  I will say I am very please with my VPI table.
I don't think Larry(TTW) was bashing VPI, just stating he used better quality parts. VPI is the king of marketing, frequently shuffling the product line. VPI's business structure reminds me of a NYC Deli-Excessive amount of product-Sides are always an extra cost-Not sure if the product is fresh(new or just refurbished updated design)-Not getting what you paid for.
Hi Guys, I did not "bash VPI" told it as it is.
No more mats, sorry shipped the last ones.

As I said, a 99.5 % satisfaction rate, you only hear about problems on forums, you will not hear from 1000's of happy customers but you sure here from the same jerks over and over and over and over.....

Cheers redglobe......he said....

There is really no comparable products on the market for center weights, periphery rings, turntable mats. Yes, you will find other products. However, they do not compare in design, craftsmanship, materials, universal fit, and value for price. I am very sorry to see their departure from the market. ``

Could not have said it better myself, thanks.

Interesting comment: Because we made the weight out of PURE BRASS they need to be maintained,,,well yes.

Other weights are brass plated, cost about 20% vs a pure brass clamp, geeze so sorry for using the real brass McCoy in our heavy center weights. 
QUOTE:
I did have one of TTW brass screw down clamps (2 pounds) for my VPI turntable but it tarnished often and I got sick of having to clean it..``

Go to ebay and buy weights (cheap aluminum plated)  that look the same brass plated - fake - LOL  

They even copied our base design, machined profile

So how does one compete when people cannot tell the difference any more.....