TTW Parts

If you read my other post I wanted advice about vintage Thorens TT.The  reason being I'm having a difficult time finding parts for my TTW Table. I was able to get the rubber O-Rings for the rim drive but suspect they are too hard. I am getting vibration from the attached motor and could hear it. Does anyone know where I can find the proper O-Rings and Belts for the table. I have a good amount of money invested in the table but cant tolerate background noise.
cjaronica
Hi benjie I tried the o ring you recommended they also transmitted noise from the motor into arm and cartridge. I did find belts that are working great  and will continue to use the table in belt drive. I remember the o rings Larry sent as being much softer.
cjaronica

Sorry to hear the o rings did not work out. You are right about them being a little harder than the clear ones that Larry sold. These are 70A durometer which is the same hardness as the red o rings that came with many of TTW's tables. I think the special clear ones that Larry sold were 50A. I could not find anyone who was making that size and spec.

One thing to check, ( I am sure you already know this ) that the drive motor is not too close to the ring on the platter. That o ring should barely touch the outer ring attached to the platter. I know that if the motor is tight up against the platter you will get a significant amount of noise through the tonearm. It is a pain to get setup correctly but when it is done right, its sound is magic !