TT mats

I have a VPI Scoutmaster TT and am wondering if any of you can recommend a matt for the platter and why?
Thanks in advance
Steve

handymann
SOTA Supermat is acrylic. Just like the awesome Goldmund mat. Good stuff, both of them.
This statement is false. I can't say what SOTA is using now, but the Supermat to which Raul refers is not acrylic:
I owned and still owns several mats almost all the ones you name it here and other custom made ( including the MS. ) and till now the one at the top is the SOTA Suoermat that in theory has the same vinyl , SOTA never disclosed its real blend materials used with.
The mat to which you refer was designed by Warren Gehl of ARC (before he was employed there) and is indeed a blend of materials which are combined in a particular order, and cured in a specific way. The pad was available from Warren for a few years prior to his contract with SOTA. I have one on my Atma-Sphere 208 'table and have used it on a number of machines. It is clearly the best pad ever made bar none. The problem of course is you can't get it anymore, and according to Warren SOTA changed the formula after a certain period of time.

The idea behind that mat, according to Warren, is that the mat is the same durometer as vinyl and so does not reflect any vibration. Instead it is absorbed by the mat and converted to heat. It also provided some damping to the platter (which is *essential*) via mass and a variety of materials. It is one of the heavier mats made.
Dear @atmasphere : Thank's to put some ligth about the Supermat. Problem with people always ( including me. ) is each one knowledge and ignorance levels.

Even that gentleman that mentioned " garage company " has no single idea from where comes the true HIGH-END. 

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Have any of you ever tried a Merrill Gem-Dandy cork-rubber mat and if so what was your opinion?
thanks. violin