TT/ cartridge recommendations $1000

I recently bought a Rogue 99/88 preamp/amp combo and Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rod speakers and want to enjoy my old vinyl again. Can I get a new TT/cartridge combo that will work well with this combo for about $1000 or less ? Thanks for your recommendations.
bigo

Showing 4 responses by bigo

Thanks for all the feedback folks. You're right Music Doc I have but some bucks into this system. I don't want to totally cheap out on this but on the other hand every person has their limits and $3K is just too much for a new front end for me. I might spring for $1500 at most. Most of my listening will still be CDs.

Could any of you share your thoughts:1) on a Rega Planar 3 with the Rega Elys cartridge vs the Shure V15VxMR vs a Goldring 1042 ?
or would I be better off to

2)Go to a good reliable source(dealer) for a used Well Tempered or VPI ?

Thanks again. I have learned a ton on Audiogon and appreciate all the thoughtful comments. Big O
How does a VPI Jr with a Audioquest PT7 arm and Benz micro glider sound, 2 yrs old for about $1000 ?
Thanks again for the input. You have helped consider some points I would not have thought of as a new audio enthusiast. One more question guys.
I still have my Dual 1237 from the 1980s. If I replaced my cartridge with lets say a Goldring 1042 or Rega Elys could I expect a reasonable sound ? I am also planning to buy a record cleaner like the Nitty Gritty Reocrd Master or 1.0. Any comments about that ? Thanks in advance. Len
Sedond(Doug),
I bought the VPI Jr with the Benz Glider here on Audiogon and expect to receive it this weekend. Thanks for your advice. I have learned alot from the many experienced audiophiles here on Audiogon and am enjoying the benefits of the "high end". Big O aka Len