Trying Magnepans, need advice

He guys, here's my current rig:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vbudg&1264023083

Given the amp and room size, which Maggies should I get: 1) the MMG's or 2) the MM1B's (assuming cost is not an issue)?

I know speaker placement is vital to getting the best response from Maggies and I'm worried my room is too small to do them justice. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks!
kida508

Showing 2 responses by sthomas12321

01-28-10: AudioconnectionThe biggest mistake with Magies is some just folks dont realize that simply installing the correct resistor for the tweeter output for the given room is a must.When properly adjusted with either nothing,a 1/2 ohm a 1.2 ohm or 2 ohm resistors I have rarely had an issue dialing them in I remember them working in a a 9.5 x 15 with great results.Could it be that these well intended mis guided information volunteers and self appointed expert know betters are also non manual readers as well.Cheers Johnny

He is right. The right resistor is everything. I bought every resistor from .22 t 3ohm from parts express. Dialed in at .27 in my room. (Only $12 for every size!). Then I ordered the Mills .27 resistor, so I had a high quality version. This is the way to try them all.