Trust

I am considering purchasing some very large speakers from an unknown seller, who is across the country.
The units are described as in perfect condition and all I want to do is to make sure they truly are in great/perfect condition and that they actually show up at my doorstep (versus the person taking my money and running).  What precautions would everyone suggest to make sure I get what I'm looking to receive and pay for? 
bheyamoto
Great question as I’m soon to be listing a large expensive pair of speakers... I guess a nice FaceTime session or video of a specific request can verify condition and functionality.  But shipping such items is expensive and of higher risk. Best option is local pickup and pack up as if to be shipped.  Good luck and keep us posted. 
If the guy does not have many GREAT feedbacks on Audiogon do not buy from him as you will be sorry in the long run.Look for a speaker from a trusted member only.
You could also have a friend/ relative or forum member go and look at the speakers for you. 

If the seller has good feedback, then my biggest fear would be shipping damage. 
Make sure the boxes are strapped to pallets and shipped by freight. 

Have the seller take pictures of each stage of packing prior to shipment. “Inadequate packaging” is one of their favorite allegations in denying insurance claims.  

Post removed