TRL 595 Discussion Died Years Ago

Just wondering what 2008-9 opinions might be about the player.
128x128shake777

Showing 7 responses by shake777

Good point. Sometimes there's just nothing else to say. I, on the other hand, have a new toy and want to talk about it. Thank you for indulging me.

The mystery is proprietary information. I guess they feel like they developed something special and, by all rights, do not want to share what they are doing. I heard it had to do with their high dollar equipment and applying what they learned tweaking it. Paul also told me they use microscopes to get to what would otherwise be inaccessable.
I just got one in early June 09. I'm happy with it,but the last thread generated such controversy a few years ago, I thought that a consensus might have been reached after some side by side comparasions had been done and further discussion.
I used my Panasonic BD35 Bluray. It seems obvious to me that I'm getting more interesting music from the TRL but it would be nice to hear a side by side with the stock 595 or some other good SACD players. I was reading about some of these people who seemed to have unlimited funds and the obsession to buy multiple units each purported to be the best. Even they generally seemed pleased with the TRL

Most of what I read about TRL was positive and people seem to hold Paul in high regard. I personally like him (via email correspondence). We had a few difficulties some of which took a bit of patience on my part but things don't always go smoothly in business.

I'm mostly perplexed that the thread ended abruptly and years have gone by with no mention of the TRL 595 Mod.
Thanks for your info guys. It settled my worries a bit. I paid $750.00 and it was a little tricky to pick out the improvements during the burn in which I believe is well behind me since I think I've got over 600 hours on it.

I really do like the sound and I listen to it constantly.

What kind of players do you all have?
Thanks, its obvious that there's controversery around disclosure and I'm not trained to understand the details, even if they were available. Again, I do believe a company has a right to their secrets. If the product outperforms the compettion, that's what impresses me and thats what I care about.

I'm more concerned about where the mod sits in the hierachy of players.

The first mention of SACD I heard was about the early part of March and I was offered the Sony XA5400 for $1$400.00. No way since I had somehow lost my deep affection for serious listening to music years ago.

But the SACD acronym stuck and I started looking into it. Viola! Sony CE595 for $140.00.Found a great review on the stock unit and it was an easy choice. I also preferred the 5 disc carousel.

I ran across the TRL mod reviews. I was mostly dicouraged by my Klipsch Forum but I liked the idea that for a several hundred I could beat out the players costing much more. I went for it after corresponding with Paul. Its a good player and it renewed my love of listening to good music.

But how good? I know I should trust my ears and enjoy, but I also care about more recent reviews from better more experienced ears than mine. If not so be it. Thanks
I'm very perplexed because I put my TRL 595 up for sale so I could raise money to get a Sony 400 disc player modified by TRL. I'm not getting any bids on my auction, not one after a ton of views. OK it looks a little awful on the door but that is going to be fixed and the rest of it looks perfect. I think I should at least get some lowball offers, although thats not what I want. If anyone could shed light for me I'd greatly appreciate it as I've got a little over a day left. By the way, I'm not soliciting for offers here as that would be outside the rules of the discussion forum. I'm just looking for advise. Sincere Thanks,