Triton One, Audio Physics EP2 or Used Merlin VSM-M

Hello All, I sold all of my gear to fund a move from the Midwest to the West coast in 2005. My system had evolved into one that I could listen to for hours. I would like to start re-building. I had Merlin VSM-M speakers with a VAC Renaisannce 70/70 and really enjoyed the combination. I am considering buying the next iteration up, the VSM-MME, because they are about 4 or $5,000 used. However, I have read excellent reviews of the Triton One for $5,000 and the Audio Physic EP2 on sale for $2,000 right now. I am leaning toward the Merlins because I can send them in for upgrades as I can afford them or sell them for about what I pay for them versus selling the Triton One or EP2s for a big discount for what I would have paid for them. Do any of you have experience with these or something else that I should consider? Thank you, Brooks
brooksl
I had no idea Bobby died. He was still young and couldn't be even in his 70s yet. He was amazing - always wiling to discuss his speakers and anything audio. That is very sad.
Brooksl- I tried to pm you but got a 404 error (page not found). Maybe you can pm me?
triton one is killer……seriously better than many 20k speakers. i have been reviewing for 20 years and they are one of the top 3 components i have ever reviewed(up now at Dagogo.com). Don't hesitate. Best, Greg
I have Triton Ones and highly recommend them. As I’ve stated on other posts in this forum and elsewhere, they are an exceptional value. Admittedly, I have never listened to the other speakers you mention herein, however, I can tell you honestly that - among other high end speakers - I have listened to Alta Statement Towers (retail $200,000/pair) and I would still go with the T1s at $5,000/pair.