TriPlanar tonearm outward skating issue

Hi all,

I have been trying to research a solution to a recent issue with my TriPlanar VII UII tonearm that I bought  a couple years back.

The tonearm seems to want to skate outwards, even with zero anti skate applied and the weight removed from the little anti skate arm. It is evident at various settings of VTF, VTA, etc. The platter is very level and everything seems to be aligned OK. This outward skating force is very light in the outer grooves and becomes stronger as the cartridge gets closer to the end of a side. In fact, as it traces the lead-out grooves at the end of a side, the tonearm sometimes thrusts outwards across those grooves back into the last track. Very scary!

A visual check of the cantilever azimuth seems to confirm an outward pressure from the tonearm since the cantilever is leaning with the stylus end closer to the spindle.

I can’t seem to find any information online about this phenomenon.

Any insights and recommendations would appreciated.
shayes002
Raul, IMO you owe Triplanar and Lew an apology. Your statements are false and uncalled for.
" Raul, IMO you owe Triplanar and Lew an apology. Your statements are false and uncalled for. "

Raul will not apologize because he really believes he has done absolutely nothing wrong I think you need to understand Raul and the many claims he makes. Raul lives in the world of the internet and armchair theory and magazine articles and hearsay such as what contributors to this group post here and he then incorporates this limited "information" into his closely held belief system as though it were an actual verifiable fact because he can not see the difference between actual verifiable hand' s on experience and what he thinks people say its' all facts to him. So yes Raul actually believes the Triplanar tonearm is an incomplete design because it appears that way based on what he has read here in this group and he has no actual facts to challenge it and in fact it is rather obvious that he has limited experience in actually setting up a turntable system that is part of a Music Reproduction System or else he would have recognized early on that the suggestion to look at the cable "dressing" was the obvious first thing that should be carefully examined given the other information provided here in this group.
Dear @thom_mackris : I know that you really give a very good support to your customers, good for that.

The issue of my coments is way different from your " feelings " about. Looking again the first picture you shared here now I understand why is a design fault in the Triplanar that’s easy to fix and not only that but give a better quality performance to this good tonearm. Of course that it’s up to the manufacturer stays as is or make some changes.

@atmasphere I owe nothing, problem with you is that I’m not biased to like you. You are a manufacturer not a simple audiophile/audio customer as me. Btw, your opinion of " flase statements " is false because your unknowledge level/ignorance in that special subject. Period.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
You are a manufacturer not a simple audiophile/audio customer as me.
Wow. Just- wow.

So as a manufacturer, that makes me less qualified to see when someone is insulting others and making uncalled for remarks??

Sheesh.
this thread is why few manufacturers monitor the many many boards full of £¥#$&* ,

thanks Ralph for helping

my audiophile mentor is a big fan of Triplaner
there is at least one in my future !!!!!!