Trip to NYC, What to do

Hi all,

Heading to NYC and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for some audiophile to dos in the big apple. Looking forward to hearing from you guys, thanks.
dfelkai
The last time I dined at Peter Lugers I don't believe they accepted credit cards. Also, you must eat a pastrami sandwich at a deli. I'm not sure why Chayro said not to but that's just bad advice. Heck, I'd even do it at the Carnegie Deli just to be thoroughly disgusted at the portion size.

I would check out B&H Photo. It's impressive.
Peter Lugers only takes their own credit card. Two people, two bills and worth every dollar. Don't get better. Stage Deli for deli, but Pastrami King in Merrick has the best pastrami I've ever tasted. Used to be in Queens by the courthouse. Way out of your way, but good to know if you go visiting. Pizza at Johns' on Bleeker, or Rays on 7th ave and 12th. Zabars, lox and a million other gastro wonders. BTW, there are oodles of killer pizza joints. St Marks Pl. for Indian. Cheap, (American) hot, and Indian hot, but make sure you know the nearest medical center. St Marks Pl will put you in the thick of things. Soho= Nobu. Sushi to die for. Expensive, but beautiful to behold before eating. Chefs menu is to die for. With Saki you're talking way over $300. Worth every dime if you have the $$, though you can do killer sushi very cheap, as well. Pickles to die for down on Essex. Sylvias for soul food up in Harlem. Harlem has changed, big time. Buy New York mag and you'll be kept busy. Great food in the Big Apple is expensive and inexpensive. It's called competition.
Singer and Lyric are state of the art. Ear candy, but they will size you up. Where a Rolex, Santoni shoes, Stichs jeans and a Ferragamo or Canali leather jacket with a Loro Piana white scarf and you will hear the big boys. Worth checking it out, just to say you've been there. Big sound, big dollars, big speakers, and big selection. Did I leave out a big? Have a ball. Pig, jazz it up, and hope the Beacon has something going on.
You left out Innovative Audio if you like Wilson and esp if you want to hear with VTL, D'agostino, MSB, Spectral, Naim, Berkeley Audio Design, EMM Labs, Meridian, Lamm, Spiral Groove and more, also---------
Stereo Exchange downtown with a very large selection and other smaller specialty shops like Ears Nova, In Living Stereo (Shindo, Leben), High Water Sound, Robert Lighton Audio (Audio Note) and others. If you are an audiophile and come to NY, you should look up the dealer section of the manufacturer or distributor of any component which you want to hear and go to the shop to hear it.
If you're there on Monday 2/25 and you like contemporary instrumental guitar, check out Oz Noy.

http://oznoy.com/schedule/

Sort of Hendrix meets McLaughlin with a dash of T. Monk.
He always has stellar sidemen and he never disappoints (well, he's 4-for-4 with shows I've seen).